The key to selling your home fast after a pandemic is to prepare during the pandemic. While you may be tempting to binge-watch every show that is remotely interesting on Netflix, spend some time prepping your house for a quick sale each day.
1. Clear out your closets - With the extra time you have on your hands during this pandemic, clean out your closets. Pick a closet a day and drag everything out. Toss what you don't need and pack away what you won't be using in the next few months. The goal is to have vast amounts of empty space when you are finished. Buyers will visually interpret that as 'huge closets' when they view your home.
2. Start spring cleaning - Tackle all those spring cleaning projects you have been putting off. Change the furnace filters. Clean out the fireplace. Wash the windows. Even if you are still working from home, you can't go anywhere during this extended shutdown. Spring cleaning is a way to keep your hands and mind occupied during a stressful time.
3. Stage your garage - Buyers always look in the garage when touring a prospective home, yet sellers rarely remember to make it look presentable. With the warm weather approaching, spend a day cleaning and organizing your garage. You don't have to buy an expensive storage system to pique a buyer's interest. You just need to get rid of the clutter and organize what you have.
4. Do some yard work - When selling your home, it is imperative that you make a good impression from the street. This means shoveling snow, raking leaves, and mowing the lawn so that your home puts its best foot forward. While you can't go out and buy mulch and annual flowers for your garden beds yet, you can clean up any winter debris.
5. Grab a paint brush - While you may love that bright red dining room wall, prospective buyers may not. Painting walls a neutral color that appeals to all buyers is another easy task you can handle while you are forced to stay at home.
Talk to a real estate professional now. Agents can do a competitive price analysis with you virtual and come up with a marketing strategy remotely. You want your house ready and a plan in place so you can hit the ground running immediately after the stay-in-place orders have been lifted.
For more information on how to sell your home, contact local real estate agents.