5 Questions To Ask A Realtor Before Listing Your House
Hiring a Realtor can be a daunting task. You want to hire an experienced professional who has a specific plan on how to get your house sold fast and for top dollar. If you want to find the right person for the job, be sure to ask the right questions up front.
1. Number of Listings Sold: When you meet a real estate agent, ask them how many listings they have sold in the last six months as well as over their time in the profession. You want to hear a high number. If they have only sold one or two houses in the last six months, they may be a newer agent who may or may not have the experience necessary to sell your house.
2. Percent of List Price: Ask agents what percent of list price do their listings sell at. Any real estate professional worth their salt knows that statistic off the top of their head. If a house is listed at $100,000 and sells for $90,000, then it sold for 90 percent of list price. You want to hire an agent that consistently sells for 95 percent of list price or higher.
3. Days on Market: The number of days that a home spends on the market before selling, or DOM, varies based on the area of the country you live in and how the overall economy is faring. It also has to do with how well the agent priced the house. Ask any prospective agents what their average DOM is. You are looking for a low number.
4. Social Media Presence: There is no excuse for a real estate agent in this century to not have a social media presence. Before you meet with an agent, look on major social media channels for their business page. talk to them in person about how they use their social media presence to drum up clientele and sell houses.
5. Pricing Strategy: Every agent needs to have a pricing strategy. They cannot simply evaluate a home, set a list price, and wait. Agents need to be proactive to get your house sold. They need to re-visit the price every month, if not every two weeks. Talk to any agent you plan on hiring about what their pricing strategy is for your home and why.
Selling a home requires the assistance of a qualified real estate agent. Ask the right questions so you can make an informed hiring decision. Reach out to a real estate agent today to learn more.